If I've Had Fibrosis from Lipo Before, Am I at Risk if I Have a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I had a liposuction 6 years ago which i developed fibrosis in the stomach but with the drainages and massages they gone in the end. I would like to know if i did a Brazilian Butt Lift will I have a risk to get it in the butt? Thanks a lot ,.

Could Fibrosis from previous Lipo Risk a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

All operations, including liposuction, heal by creation of scar tissue (ie fibrosis). Although liposuction can be done on previously operated women, it is never as easy as it is the first time around. The scar tissue left by the first operation, and more so with each subsequent operation, makes liposuction physically harder and the amount of fat removed smaller. A variety of techniques (Power Assisted Liposuction and VASER) make the process a bit easier but it is never as easy as a first-time liposuction.

A Brazilian Butt Lift in a previously liposuctioned woman would be harder both because of the scar tissue as wel as by the reduced amount of available fat for transfer. Harder but not impossible. It will require going to many other sites in the body to get enough fat.

For this reason I always tell my patients undergoing body contouring to consider the use of the fat before we remove it.

Fibrosis after liposuction

+3

Thanks for posting the photos, it's very helpful.  In general, what my impression of your case is, is that you had the fibrosis from the liposuction because you're not a very large person.  The trauma of liposuction will leave internal palpable tracks that go away with massage.  It's not  a surprise that it went away, but I don't find it to be a "condition" that you have, just a circumstance  (lipo in a thin patient).  You are not a good candidate for BBL becasue you're too thin.  Not much fat will able to be harvested, so not much difference will be noticeable.   At your current weight, I discourage it.  

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Risk of Fibrosis after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Fibrosis is a term for internal scar tissue. Any surgical procedure causes some fibrosis. If you have a BBL, you will develop some scar tissue but there is no way to predict if it will be significant or not.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS