I Have Fibromyalgia and ME and Want a Boob Job. Can I Still Have Surgery?

Fibromyalgia ans implants

+1

There were numerous studies on breast implants and potential assocaition with certain medicla conditions. AS long as you get medically cleared you a probably okay to have them done.

There is no link between fibromyalgia and breast implants of any kind.

+1

There is no link between fibromyalgia or any other connective tissue disorders and breast implants.  You may feel safe in proceeding with the operation.

Fibromyalgia and ME--breast implant surgery is possible.

+1

You may have more trouble recovering in terms of discomfort, and perhaps a slightly higher potential for capsular contracture, but your overall medical condition will require thorough review by your primary care physician , internist, or rheumatologist before receiving an OK for elective cosmetic surgery. But, once these approvals are achieved, and understanding that you and your surgeon have discussed and reviewed the pertinent risks, complications, and concerns, there is no reason that you should not be able to have breast implants. Best Wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fibromyalgia and ME with breast implants

+1

I would discuss this with your rheumatologist or primary care physician to ensure that there are no other medical issues or contra-indications to surgery.