I Have Fibromilaga and Rsd I Had Ziltig on 2/11 I Am in Agony

It feels like my mid body is in a vice and can't lie on either side to sleep. They suggested pain meds but already on fentenol and don't want any more meds. Is this ever going to end? Had the machine on for one hour, have had several abdominal surgeries so have lots of left over flab and adhesions. Any hope? In agony NOW no bruising on skin.

This Pain should subside

+2

Coolsculpting usually has little after effect, However, it is not uncommon to have numbness in the areas for a few weeks, but also in some instances, there can be discomfort from the treatment.  These feelings ussually subside slowly, and can take up to 4 weeks.

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Severe pain after CookSculpting?

+1
Hollis center, I am sorry that I only recently started answering questions on RealSelf, so did not see your question until now.  But zi would like to respond anyway in hopes that it helps other people with this extremely rare side effect.

Severe pain has been reported in fewer than 20 patients, of the more than500,000 trestments that have been given. I had one patient with this problem, and this patient responded quickly to gabapentin.

It is far better to treat severe pain quickly and effectively in someone with your history, and probably in those without your altered sensitivity to pain aw well. There is growing evidence that once pain is established, there is neuronal feedback that makes it more difficult to resolve. 

Zeltiq states that even thise latients who had this rare side effect would do it again. I do hope that you recovered, and would be even more pleased if you worked with your physician to get immediate relief from your pain, and felt in the long run it was worth it.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Pain and CoolSculpting

+1

I am sorry to hear of your chronic pain. It sounds from your history that you have had an involved history that preceeded the CoolSculpting.  Abdominal surgeries and scarring, and RSD along with fibromyalgia. I did not infer from your statement that the Zeltiq occurred first.  Pain from Zeltiq will go away in several weeks usually.  RSD is an unusual and unfortunate nerve - pain cycle that can escalate the severity of pain beyond what is expected for the stimulus given.  It would make sense that the pain from the Zeltiq is magnified or lasting longer in a person who also has a coexistent Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Best wishes for a recovery soon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Pain after Coolsculpting

+1

Having discomfort after Coolsculpting procedure is not uncommon, especially if the abdominal area was treated. Normally, this subsides within 3-5 weeks after the procedure (sometimes sooner).  If you are in severe pain, I would ask you to be checked by your physician to make sure nothing else is happening.

Best Wishes!

Discomfort following Zeltiq

+1

It is not uncommon to have discomfort when treated in the abdomen following Zeltiq. It can last for two to three weeks. Given your underlying medical history, you should see your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

There is no medical evidence the Zeltiq causes what you are descibing. In fact I doubt this "agony" is at all related. Seek immediate medical evaluation. From MIAMI DR. darryl j. Blinski