Can Fibroid Removal and Abdominal / Breast Liposuction Be Combined?

Need to Have a Fibroid Removed & Im Schedule for Liposuction of the Abdomen & Breast Can the Surgeries Be Combined?

Liposuction can be combined with other procedures if deemed safe

+3

Liposuction is often a major procedure in and of itself.  I usually recommend only performing a few hours of liposuction at any one time.

Often, other complimentary procedures are performed at the same operation, such as breast reduction/lift/augmentation, or abdominoplasty.

Adding a procedure to remove uterine fibroids may or may not be appropriate or safe.

Questions you would need to ask your Gynecologic Surgeon include:

• How long will the procedure take in the best circumstances?
  • If there are abnormalities or complications with the surgery, what is the longest it could take?
  • What additional risks would fibroid removal add to the overall surgery?
  • Can it be done through a scope?  Or is an open incision required?
  • What are the postoperative restrictions?  Is an overnight stay required or recommended?

The safest judgment is always best.  If there are any doubts about the safety of combining the procedures, then prioritize which is the most important to you at this time, and give yourself 3-6 months to recover from one surgery before embarking on the next!

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.R.C.S.C.

Multiple combined pelvic, gynecologic, and liposuction procedures.

+1

Surgical risks will be related to time required for the procedures, approaches to pelvic structures, co-morbid diseases, extent of surgery, etc. While they can all be performed simultaneously, it may not be in your best interests.

Gynecologic procedures and liposuction

+1

While I have done some procedures with other physisicans, you really would need to provide more info. Like in how they plan on removing the fibroid.

Avoid doing liposuction along with a gynecologic procedure

+1

Although it may be done, there is a possibility of developing serious complications when liposuction is done with intrabdominal surgery. It is safer to have these surgeries done separately.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fibroid Removal and Abdominal / Breast Liposuction Be Combined

+1

I would not combine these operations due to the risk of PE is much higher. You need to discuss with the GYN surgeon and the PS in detail. As for me NO WAY! From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski, 305 598 0091