I Have Fibrocsytic Breasts and Want to Get Impalnts. Is It Safe?

I'm 5'4 120lbs,33 yrs old.I have saggy breasts from having children and would like to have a breast lift and implants. I'm also going for a Tummy tuck. I am very concerned about the implants because 4 yrs ago I was diagnosed with Fibrocystic breasts. I've been getting mammograms and sonograms once a year since I found out. My GYN is against me getting implants, she says it will obscure the view from the mammograms. My PS says it's no problem. Should I or shouldn't I?

Breast Augmentation with history of fibrocystic disease

It is safe to proceed with your cosmetic breast surgery with a history of fibrocystic disease.   First, it is important to have a baseline mammogram before your surgery.  After surgery, you should continue with annual breast cancer screening with imaging and continue with breast self exams monthly.  Although it is true that implants can hide a very small amount is tissue in mammograms, a non-invasive ultrasound can easily visualize and evaluate this potential hidden area.  In addition, if there is any concerns beyond the ultrasound, an MRI is also an additional option for evaluation if needed.