A Few More Pounds Than I Would Like Before Mini Facelift, Will It Make a Significant Difference?

I am a 42 year old woman and getting a mini face/neck lift + upper eyes. I am about a few pounds heavier than I would like since Christmas but nothing extreme, that Bikram yoga quickly sorts out so I am wondering if I should just get to actual ideal or ..will this have much of an impact to go ahead and have surgery booked 30 JAnuary ? Deliberating if I need to defer for another 30 day or will it be fine to work with? Surgery is with Basrim Matti who like God.....!Please advise :-)

Mini Facelifts and weight gain.

+2

A few pounds here and there make no difference in the results of a mini facelift.  The new techniques allow them to be more precise and can be done under local tumescent anesthesia without having to be put asleep with general.  Neck tightening  with various methods and platysmaplasty or liposuction should always be discussed in the total approach and should also include chemical peels, fillers and botox as needed.  Cost runs roughly $6000-8500. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Small weight fluctuations should not affect facelift or eyelid surgery results

+1

Small weight fluctuations should not affect your facelift result. Certainly, it would be ideal if you were at your desired weight before and after surgery. However, for many people maintaining that stable weight is challenging. I typically advise patients that a 10 pound weight fluctuation will not cause a noticeable difference in their facelift result. The same goes for blepharoplasty (eyelid lift surgery).

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before facial surgery

+1

Losing or gaining fat can affect the amount of facial fat and can affect the result of surgery. I prefer the patient to be within 5 pounds of the weight they intend on maintaining before any surgery. If there is going to be a weight change after surgery, gaining is better than losing as it will fill the face more.

Mini Facelift and weight gain

+1

Facelifts are about tightening muscle layers in the face and neck. Most people are gaining and losing the same 10-20 pounds over much of their adult life. For those people the timing of the facelift surgery is not important even if they are planning some form of face and neck liposuction. People who have had massive weight loss after bariatric surgery (100+ lbs.) are a different situation and there are concerns regarding their metabolic status. Proceed as planned and good luck.

Web reference: http://www.thedoctorforfaces.com/plasticsurgery_facelift.htm

Should I Loose a Few More Pounds before Mini Facelift?

+1

Unless you are really thin, a few pounds (less than 10) should not make much difference in your result. You stated that you are having a "Mini" Face Lift. This type of lift typically does not provide much correction in your neck. Hard to tell from your photos if you need something more in the neck area...............Surgeons are mortal. It serves no ones interest to deify them. 

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

+1

The small amount of additional weight would only mean that the excess superficial fat, of the face, needs to be removed and the cheeks shaped...which should be part of any face Lift IMHO.  Be sure that your Face Lift Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Small weight changes not a factor for facelifting

+1

I tell my patients to be within 5-10 pounds of their long-term maintenance weight.  This is different than the ideal weight we'd all like to be but rarely maintain over the long term.  If you are within that range, you should not see a significant change in facial laxity if you lose that last little bit of weight.

Will weight effect my facelift?

+1

Hi Suzie,

Not really.  The change in weight would have to be substantial.  5 even 10 pounds should not make much difference.  30 days wouldn't make a significant difference.  Hope that helps.

Chase Lay MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lose Weight before a "Mini"?

+1

A few pounds will not likely make a difference. The picture you have provided is not a close up so I really cant see your neck well. Be sure you understand that a Mini will not improve your neck much. Be sure you stay away from the "Franchise" style lifts, such as lifestyle and quick. These procedures are frought with inconsistencies and poor workmanship. Vett your surgeon well, ask a lot of questions and speak with local nurses who see this doctors work. Its a lot easier to do your homework before a surgery than to get problems after the fact and have to have them fixed. A few pounds really wont matter much. Good Luck

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Wait to have the procedure

+1

I would recommend waiting until you reach your goal weight to have your mini facelift and necklift, plus upper eye surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/facelift-mini.html