Fever and Pain 7days Post Op?

7days post op, my left breast began to be very sore and slightly swollen. Started getting a low grade fever (100.4) and called my doc. He is 2 hrs. away so he advised me to go to the ER. They did blood test, urine test, and chest X-ray.Everything looked fine. Incisions and breast looked normal, except for slight swelling. No clinical signs of infection but doc put me on antibiotics to be safe. It has been 1.5 days since ER visit and I still have fever and pain. Does it take time or should I be worried?

Fever and pain after breast enlargement

+1

Thank you for your question about your breast enlargement healing.

• I am sorry you are having this problem. You are right to be concerned.
  • If you were doing well, then developed fever, breast swelling and pain a week after breast enlargement, an infection is possible, if not likely.
  • See your surgeon promptly or consult a nearer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - you will be charged for this additional care. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Persistent fever after breast augmentation

+1

I am glad that your work-up was negative to date, but persistent fevers at one week it not normal. Best to be seen by your surgeon.

Low grade temperature and pain common after breast augmentation.

+1

Pain in low-grade fever sometimes accompany breast augmentation in a benign fashion. Nevertheless, you really need to check in with your surgeon.

Fever and Swelling after Breast Augmentation

+1

With elevated temperature and fever after breast augmentation, you really need to follow up with your surgeon.You should be taking antibiotics until you can see your surgeon as soon as possible.

Michael Horn, MD

Fever and Pain 7days Post Op

+1

Fever is never a good sign , but I would recommend you stay in antibiotics and get an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible  . 

Pain and fever  should get better with an anti inflammatory pill ( ibuprofen , naproxen , aspirin ) every 8 hours . 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD