I've had these festoons/malar bags since my youth. I had gotten them filled once but I'm looking for a permanent solution?

Anything other than dermal fillers? They're not that severe but I'm looking for a permanent solution so it doesn't exacerbate with age. I'm 20 years old.

Dermal fillers are not the answer.

+2

This is a very difficult area to treat, as you know. Your festoons are mild and sometimes laser resurfacing can give enough improvement.

Another interesting option is tetracycline injection to the area. This is an extremely new treatment modality that was just presented at our national Oculoplastic meeting. Since it is new, your surgeon may not be that familiar with it and may need to do some research on the concentration of tetracycline to use.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon