I Want More of a Feminine Look. What Does my Face Need?

I feel like my face doesn't look very feminine. I'm not sure what I need done. I'm considering a rhinoplasty. Is that going to solve my issue?

Feminizing face work

+4

This is a very dangerous question to ask in a plastic surgery forum as you may "flaws" pointed out that you were not even aware of.  In my opinion, you are an attractive woman, but, even models often seek improvement of their appearance.  If I were to be absolutely critical, I would say you would benefit from botox of the lines on the outer aspect of your eyes (crows feet).  If these do not bother you, leave them.  You may benefit from nasal tip refinement which would feminize your nose.  Most importantly, be confident.  both men and women appreciate the beauty of confidence.  Good luck!

Facial analysis before cosmetic surgery

+2

Your request to look more feminine could lead you into a mindfield of trouble. If you just show your face in a photo I can guarantee you that the majority of people looking at it will say that is a feminine face. If you go ahead with any surgery even if you have a good result there is a significant chance you will not be happy because the parameter for judging the result have not been clearly set up in your mind before surgery. It is much better if you go in to surgery with the mindset of removing crow's feet, smoothing out hollows under the eyes or changing specific aspects of the nasal tip shape etc. That way you will have something by which to judge the result after surgery and thereby be happy with your surgery after the fact. That is not the case for every woman but judging from the photos applies to you.

Rhinoplasty to feminize the face

+1

It is common to undergo rhinoplasty to feminize and refine the nose so that it balances with itself and facial features. Rhinoplasty can reduce any bulbousness of the nasal tip, remove any nasal humps, and realign the dorsal esthetic lines and can narrow bridge lines in order to make the nose more symmetrical and balanced. It is also important to maintain an excellent airway.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Feminizing facial features

+1

I first would have to know if you are a genetic male or female . Based on this one picture it would appear that no major bony or soft tissue  modifications would make you look more feminine other than for a rhinoplasty. Since hair is a big part of my practice, I might assume that your hair is styled in a way to hide a male pattern hairline or even early  pattern hair loss. If such is the case attention should be directed to feminizing your hairline . Hormone therapy ( if you are a male to female transgender)  and certain surgical procedures can accomplish this.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feminizing a Female Face

+1

Hi N,

The lower 1/3 of your nose draws attention away from the rest of your face.  You most likely have your Dad's nose, which is giving you the perception that you would like to appear more feminine.    I would recommend a rhinoplasty and leave the rest of your pretty face alone.  The other minor feature would be to add a little more arch to the lateral 1/3 of your eyebrow with properly placed Botox or Dysport.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

More feminine look.

+1

Your face is already feminine, but would look more refined with a rhinoplasty to thine the tip as well as any other parts of your nose that don't show on this one picture. Make sure you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose results you like and speak with their live patients.

More feminine look

+1

I would agree that the most masculine aspect of your face is your nose.  A beautiful rhinoplasty will make you feel prettier but please go only to the very best surgeon for this as it is a hard operation and you only get one good shot at a great result in most cases.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.