Can a Male's Femininely Aligned Eyebrows Be Fixed?

I'm a male with naturally feminine-aligned brows, can this be corrected? My eyebrows are angled towards the center of the top of my nose. Is there a way to raise them at that part of the face only?. Don't need a Facelift or Eyelid recondstruction; just a very slight raise at the center of my eyebrows without raising the outer part. Thank you.

Brow position

+2

Without seeing photographs or performing an exam on you, it is very difficult to offer any suggestions. 

Can the shape of brows be altered?

+1

When brows are "too high", one method of lowering them temporarily is by using one of the injectable neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) using small droplets very carefully placed above the part of the brow to be lowered. When brows are "too low", then sometimes the same drugs can help raise the brows by injecting strategically into muscles that depress the brow, allowing the elevators to raise the brow. For example it the outer brow is  too high (a 'feminine' trait) this could be lowered. If the inner brow is too low (sometimes a 'masculine' trait) this might be raised. Otherwise, surgery would be the next choice. The anatomy of some patients will allow some of this, while in other patients this would be very hard to permanently achieve. A consultation with an experienced surgeon will shed more light on a particular situation. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male's Femininely Aligned Eyebrows

+1

While there are options to provide a more masculine appearance, you will need to either post some photos or have in person consultations to provide a basis for a solid recommendation.  Best if you consult with 2 - 3 board certified plastic surgeons in your are.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

More Masculine Appearance for Eyebrows through Browlifting

+1
Yes, there are several options for providing a more masculine appearance to the eyebrows. The most common is with a selective browlift, in which certain portions of the brow(s) are targeted for elevating. The alternative, less common is with hair grafting, in which more hairs are placed into the eyebrow to create the desired appearance.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1

The male eyebrow has virtually a straight horizontal angle, i.e. 0 degrees from its most medial point to its most lateral point with a gentle curve over the orbital rim. An endoscopic brow lift would not be quite specific for what you need. I think an internal brow fixation through an upper lid incision would allow precise points of fixation and a better outcome.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Male with naturally feminine-aligned brows

+1

There is a set of three muscles in the central part of the brow (the procerus, with a vertical axis of contraction in the space between the brows right above the root of the nose; and the corrugators, with a diagonal axis of contraction going from the medial end of the brow towards the root of the nose) which bring the central brow down. They are overractive relative to the muscle that elevates the brow (Frontalis muscle).

An endoscopic division of these muscles only will cause a physiologic elevation of the central brow as the frontalis muscle will elevate the central brow without opposition from the procerus and glabellar muscles.

Make sure you consult with somebody who is proficient with endoscopic techniques.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Probably, yes.

+1

Hi!

Hard to tell without actually examining you, but a modified endoscopic brow lift (which is essentially scarless) may well accomplish what you want, which is flatter straighter eyebrows.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Eyebrow alignment

+1

K,

From your description, it sounds as though you have some unwanted arching of your eyebrows. It is accepted in aesthetics that the male brow is, and should be more flattened compared to the female arched brow. To raise the medial brow some Botox can be injected into the medial brow depressor muscles. See a qualified physician who is well experienced with chemodenervation and brow aesthetics. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Botox or fillers can be used for subtle eyebrow adjustment

+1

I would probably start with a little botox above the lateral brows to subtly lower this area, achieving a more masculine look, given youe explanation.  Fillers would be another option.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD