Female, Muscular but Stubborn Fatty Arms -13in Circumf. Whats the Best Way to Reduce Size on a Budget?

I'm a woman in mid-20s with muscular but stubborn fatty arms ~13in circumference. I lost lots of weight but arms have not reduced in inches (like rest of body) with diet/exercise. It's not loose skin. I'm self conscious about them and with an upcoming wedding, have run out of time to reduce them with wedding pics lasting a lifetime. Whats the best way to reduce size on a budget? I've heard about I-Lipo and have not seen pictures where I-Lipo was performed on arms. I am open to other options.

Stubborn Fat and Vaser Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. The best way to reduce fat in the arms is with Vaser Lipo, which has been very effective for us in reducing fat in fat dense areas, and converting it to a liquid and easy removal. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon offering Vaser Lipo. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction will be the best method to remove stubborn fat deposits.  I prefer the conventional liposuction.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

SmartLipo: A Marriage Of Efficiency and Economy

+1

Given the situation you describe, SmartLipo will probably be your best bet. In addition to removing the subcutaneous fat,  SmartLipo will also allow for some tightening of the skin of your upper arms, from which it sounds like you would benefit. SmartLipo is also an attractive choice for you in terms of your budgetary constraints, since the procedure can be performed comfortably under intravenous sedation with local anesthesia, allowing you to avoid the additional fees and slower recovery often associated with general anesthesia.

Lastly, you mention an upcoming wedding. My advice to you is that you undergo this procedure sooner rather than later if you want your newly contoured arms to be "camera ready" in time for your big day. Congratulations!

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Liposuction to Improve Arms

+1

Improving this famously wobbly part of the human anatomy—known familiarly as “Hi Janes” or “Bingo” arms—are particularly popular. Heavy and even moderately droopy arms can be recountoured very effectively with liposuction. Liposuction modifies volume by sucking out fat and because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed. The procedure takes about an hour, the recovery takes just a couple of days, and there's virtually no scarring. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their abdomens.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Arm Liposuction on a budget

+1

To reduce fat and circumference in the arms, a laser (smart lipo) or ultrasound (vaser lipo) can reduce the fat and help tone the skin.  The amount of toning will be less than if the skin is excised, but the skin scars will be avoided.  If the areas on the arms are not too large this type of liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation and this can help reduce costs.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Arm issues before wedding

+1

First, if the wedding is very soon, then you may be best to wait until after the wedding. In order to properly evaluate your arms, you would need to be seen in person.   Liposuction may very well be an option.

Options to refine heavy arms

+1

If your skin is reasonably well-toned, laser lipoplasty can be very helpful in the arms.  The tightening that comes from this technique has made this very beneficial to a wide variety of patients.  I make use of the slim lipo laser lipoplasty technique and I have been very happy with the results.  Over 95 % of my patients choose to have this done under local anesthesia in the office, which eliminates the expense of an anesthesiologist and surgicenter.

Do not fall into the trap of seeking out the cheapest surgeon.  This procedure requires significant skill in order to obtain a result with natural contours.

John Q. Cook, MD

Laser Lipo works great on arms

+1

I use Smartlipo, a brand of laser lipo.  It works very well for arms.  Your specific results will depend on how much fat you have in your arms and how good your skin tone is. It can be done under local anesthesia pretty easily and that makes it less expensive.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon