Will Medicare cover my Breast Reduction?

Female age 68. 5ft tall weight 128. Bra size 28gg, need breast reduction.would medicare cover
my back constantly hurts from pressure

Breast reduction, medicaid

+1
I'm sorry you're going through this. Any form of insurance can be difficult to predict. The requirements can differ in each case but the first step is to find a doctor in your area who accepts Medicaid and schedule an appointment. Once they have examind you and have an idea what you need they can submit you for prior authorization to see what help you will qualify for. I hope this helps and you are able to find some relief soon.

Will medicare cover breast reduction

+1

All insurance companies are difficult to predict. I would go see a plastic surgeon in your area that accepts medicare and have them evaluate you. If they can provide sufficient documentation that a breast reduction is beneficial to you then it will get covered. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon