I Am a Female 117-119 Lbs & 5'2. Is This Enough Fat to Allow for Fat Transfer to Breasts? (photo)

I have a body fat percentage of 22% and i want to keep my butt.

Yes, you have enough sources for fat transfer to the breasts.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, you have enough sources for fat transfer to the breasts.  This is a good procedure for a modest increase in size of about only 150 cc per breast per session.  With preexpansion using BRAVA, 300 cc per breast can be accomplished. Not many plastic surgeons are versed in this procedure but I do this procedure on select patients with specific goals.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Fat Transfer to Breasts

+1

The procedure is unpredictable and will not provide you with significant enlargement. To determine if you have enough fat will require in person physical examination and consultation to review your objectives. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options and which procedure best fits your objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fat injections for breast enlargement

+1
  Breast enlargement using one’s own fat has been tried for over ten years.  There are a number of issues to consider, such as – does it work, is it safe, does it last, etc.  For the patients that desire significant enlargement this procedure will lead to disappointment.  For the  patients that desire only mild enlargement, it might produce the desired result, depending on the techniques used.  Some of the techniques include, using an external device for a few weeks prior to surgery, doing fat grafting in stages, using stem cells to turbocharge the fat, etc. This technique has the most promise for the  patients that require some form of reconstructive surgery.    Based on your limited photo, my guess is that  you will have enough fat for about 1/2 cup enlargement of your breasts. You need to discuss with your surgeon the specific technique to be used in your particular case.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

+1

You may have enough fat for transfer to the breasts, but I advise against it.  The procedure  is not at all predictable, and likely the fat will be  resorted to a considerable extent.  Despite claims of some plastic surgeons to have some success with the procedure, it is usually a dissappointment and a waste of money.  You are better off with implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast fat transfer

+1

It is difficult to know whether you have enough fat or not by looking at your picture.  Most of the time, a large amount of fat can be removed form the lower back and love-handles, in addition to the abdominal fat.  I think, you may have enough but in person examination is needed.

To learn more about breast fat transfer, please visit my webpage on this subject. 

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Fat transfer to the breast for augmentation

+1

I am not in favor of fat transfer to the breast for breast augmentation.  There are concerns about its possible effect on the development of breast cancer.  Currently, there are no studies proving that fat transfer to the breast for breast augmentation has no effect on the development of breast cancer.  I do not recommend this procedure for breast augmentation.  Once further research is completed, we can better evaluate this procedure.  Implants are proven to be a safe method of breast augmentation.  In my experience patients who have had fat transfer to breast augmentation are not satisfied with the size, it is too small, and often have rippling at the fat harvest site.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD