I Fell on my Nose 4 Weeks Post my Rhinoplasty

Hi, i was out 2 days ago when somebody accidently pushed me from behind causing me to slip and fall on the floor, I hit my nose as i landed on the floor. Iam very concerned that I damaged it as it has only been 4 weeks after my rhinoplasty, I can feel that my nose is quite blocked and sensitive after the accident, however i had no bleeding or bruising. I already emailed my doctor to see him ASAP, there hasnt been any change in the appearance of my nose except for a small bump on the right side

Your plastic surgeon will need to evaluate you

+1

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry to hear about your accident.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to tell you whether you have done any damage or changed anything about your rhinoplasty result.  Just keep your head elevated and keep your blood pressure normal to minimize swelling until then.

Dr. Remus Repta

+1

Falling on your nose 1 month after Rhinoplasty may or may not result in tissue damage.  If you felt no pain, heard no popping noise and didn't have swelling...IMO, it's unlikely anything happened.  If however, you experienced any of those symptoms you may have caused an injury that should be discussed with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  Minimal fractures, or cracks, in nasal cartilage don't always show up immediately but make the nose crooked months and years later. 

Nasal Trauma 4 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is normal to feel sensitive after hitting your nose so soon after rhinoplasty, but this will be temporary. Hopefully you've not compromised your final result. You're doing all you can at this point - keep your fingers crossed and schedule an appointment with your surgeon.

Fell and hit nose

+1

No bleeding or bruising is a good sign but you did the right thing by contacting your doctor. There is no substitute for a direct exam so make an appointment as well.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon