Fell asleep leaning on chin implant at 6 weeks post-op. Could I have shifted the implant?

I must've rolled over after I feel asleep, because when I woke up, I was leaning on my chin implant. I am 6 weeks post-op. Is there any possibility that I could have shifted the implant? There was throbbing and a bit if pain in the area for about 30-40 minutes after I was up. Thank you.

When I slept on my chin, did I move my implant

+1
At six weeks, it is unlikely that the implant moved. The pressure probably made it swell and hurt 
If it looks different - see your surgeon. Otherwise I see nothing to worry about.

+1
After 6 weeks, the implant is securely in place, It is highly unlikely that any shifting occurred. I would take the following things into consideration:

1) Has the appearance changed?
2) Is there any swelling in the area? 

If you have any concern, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon. He or she knows the details of your procedure and can advise you accordingly after an exam. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Possible shifted implant

+1
Highly unlikely.  The pocket should be pretty well healed by now.  If it had shifted, you would see something abnormal.  I would not be concerened.

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could chin implant have shifted after falling asleep on it 6 weeks post op?

+1
I would say it is highly unlikely that you could have shifted your chin implant after falling asleep on it 6 weeks post op.  It would normally take a good amount of force to move a chin implant 6 weeks after it was placed and just sleeping on it should not produce enough force to move it.  If you feel there is any change in the appearance, you should be evaluated by your surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fell asleep leaning on chin implant at 6 weeks post-op. Could I have shifted the implant

+1
I tell my patients to sleep on a U-shaped pillow for a month.  After a month, these implants are basically solid and normally don't move.  I can't say for sure whether your implant has shifted, but if it looks fine...it probably is fine.