Good choice in producing a C cup without "over the top" cleavage?

I am 5' tall, 105 lbs, and wear a 32A bra that I can barely fill...I'm getting 350cc silicone implants over the muscle in April, and I was wondering if this size will be a good choice in producing a C cup with not "over the top" cleavage?

Right implant size

+1

Based on your petite build, your small breasts, the on top of the muscle position and the size, I think you are going to be very busty and probably at least a D cup, if not larger.  That being said, forget about the cup size and show your surgeons some before and after results in women built like you and a similar age that you like.  You should be able to find a bunch of these on the internet.   I think you should plan on another sizing visit with your surgeon. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

How to pick breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Augmentation and Complications

+1

Hello Autumn86,

I've got a real problem with your plans.  Based on your self description, you have little of your own natural tissue to cover these relatively large implants.  To make matters worse, you've chosen to have them placed over the muscle, further limiting your soft tissue coverage.  Given this situation, your risk for palpable and/or visible rippling (especially on the inside of your breasts, where they are likely to be exposed in public) is 100%.  Worse than that, your risk for capsular contracture is elevated from 5% to above 50%, given your thin tissue, subglandular placement, and large implant.

Enless you are a professional bodybuilder, I quite emphatically do not recommend you proceed with this surgical plan.  You are exposing yourself to real dissatisfaction and the need for reoperation, possibly multiple times.

I highly recommend you have a few consultations with surgeons who specialize in revision breast surgery, and who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  These surgeons should be members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery as well, indicating there subspecialization in cosmetic surgery.

Best of Luck

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

350cc over the muscle- is it too big

+1

Let's start with my feeling on over the muscle in a 32A barely, going to a full C.  I would think you will have a fair amount of rippling even with silicone.  If you are using High Profile implants they may not be too wide, but moderate profile or plus may extend too far lateral.  I would need to know themeasurements of your base, the nipple height, approach for placement and how tight the skin is before making any type of assessment.  Even if the silicone implants wrinkle less than the saline, if the skin envelope is too tight it may give your skin a shiny appearance.  Good luck