What Size Implant Would Be Best For My Figure? I Want A-C

I would like to know the size of implant that would be safe for my figure. I Am 5 Feet 6 Inches Tall and Weigh 105.I Would Like to Go from a 32A to A 32 C What Size

Picking an implant size for breast augmentation is not that simple

+1

To have this question answered, you will have to include a photo along with an accurate BWD = Breast width base-diameter or physically see a plastic surgeon to be measured and sized. There are many factors that go into determining the implant size that is most appropriate for you. Best to schedule a consultation with two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Sizing breast implants for your figure

+1

It's not an exact analogy but sizing an implant for your figure is sort of like sizing a dress or fitting your foot in a shoe. For an implant in a rigid position like a hip implant there is no leeway at all. It's all based on measurements. Breasts are much more accommodating but proper fitting is key for a predictable, natural, and controlled outcome. 

There is no simple way to measure overall breast size and think of it as one thing like a number of cc's. Volume is made up of three dimensions and the only one that can be reliably measured (and is needed) is the width of your breast upright with your arms down. About 3/4 to 1 cm is subtracted from this to determine the width/diameter of the implant which also determines the height of the implant for round implants. Your only choice is the forward volume (projection) which ranges from low to high (not called that in gels). Your tissues will accommodate the forward volume options if the width is correct and a low profile implant will make your breast look about a cup size bigger and a high profile implant will make your breast look about two cup sizes bigger with medium profile implants in between. If you are a mid A cup now then you will need a high profile saline or gel implant that matches the width of your breast to look like a mid C cup. The number of cc's is found by looking up your diameter implant in the high profile column. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

What size implants will get me from a 32 A to a C cup?

+1

In deciding what size implants to use a number of factors are used, These include: the dimensions of the patient( height and weight), chest width, breast size, tightness of chest envelope, any sagging, and the desired size  of the patient. It would have been more helpful if you included photos, but based on your dimensions I would consider 360cc implants. But ultimately you will have to be examined by your surgeon and this size may need to be changed. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size.

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.