Feels Like my Rhinoplasty Looks Poorly Done. Opinions Please? (photo)

Hi. I got a nose implant put in 8 days ago (silicone) and although I am aware that it takes awhile before seeing final results. I am mortified with the results I got from the implant.I feel like the bridge looks too severe and the tip is still too wide. It doesn't seem proportionate to my face either. I didn't like my nose before coz it didn't look good in photos and lacked a bridge. But now I hate my nose even more. Does anyone think when all the swelling will go down will it look ok at least??

8 Day Rhinoplasty Result

+2

At 8 days post-op it is normal to have signifiicant nasal tip swelling. The sudden change in bridge height and projection is shocking to some patients. Be patient, let the swelling decrease and judge your result after you and your new nose have spent some time together. 

Swelling post nasal implant.

+2
Hi there. It's REALLY swollen. This is normal. It's nice and straight and I think will be fine. I suggest to just let it settle, put a date in your diary for 3 months from now and look at it on that day, to say: do I like it? Is it ok? In the meantime, enjoy yourself every day, and don't worry. You're not seeing a final result. Good luck

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implant

+2

You are a very pretty girl but, it is hard to tell much about your nose without closeup pictures. You have a long way to go in the healing process especially with a foreign body on the dorsum. Be patient and return to your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Silicone nasal implant

+1

Your result looks good at this point in your recovery. Wait 3-6 months for the swelling to go down and you will probably be happy with the results.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Silicone implant appearance

+1

You're very early from our surgery so it's normal to have significant swelling at this stage. You need to give your nose time to heal before assessing your final result. Be sure to follow-up with your surgeon as that's who can give you the best guidance regarding your healing.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Post-op rhinoplasty

+1

At 1 week it is very common to have swelling and feelings like you have. Be patient, and give it time to heal.  As the swelling dissipates it should look better.

Results after nasal implant

+1

I'm not one who favors nasal implants but it looks good to me quite frankly. I am assuming that you had a dorsal implant placed which is doing what it is supposed to do - namely give height to the bridge of the nose. It shouldn't really change the shape of the tip of the nose which is a whole different issue. That aside, there is certainly swelling going on so I really don't think you will be able to make a real judgment call for at least 2-3 months. Discuss you concerns with your surgeon at your next visit. Be patient.

Ronald Schuster, MD