Feels Like my Upper Ab Muscles Have "Let Go"? 19 Days PO TT/BA/BL .

1) Since waking up this morning my upper abdominal muscles have felt strange. "not engaged"is the only way i know to describe it.After 2 hours it began to be puffy, no bulging just distended.I have been wearing my binder, I then put on spanx under binder midday.Although my binder is attached at the same spot it is noticeable even with my binder on.I have not felt this since surgery and have had no swelling.is this swelling?

Abdominal Wall Muscle Separation after Tummy Tuck?

+2

As always, it is best to be seen in person ( by your plastic surgeon) for precise diagnosis and treatment. Since you are experiencing a “new finding” I suggest you call his/her office to be seen  earlier than scheduled.

Abdominal wall "distension" after tummy tuck may be related to:
1. Swelling in the soft tissues.  This may take several months to resolve and may worsen with increased activity  or at the end of the day.   Patience  is required to allow for resolution of the swelling. The swelling occurs because of the interruption of venous and lymphatic channels that occurs during the tummy tuck operation.
2. Fluid accumulation in the space between the skin and the abdominal wall muscle.  this may consist of blood ( hematoma)  or serum (seroma).  This fluid accumulation can generally be diagnosed by physical examination ( occasionally ultrasound  may be helpful).  Treatment consists of aspiration;  several episodes of aspiration may be necessary. 
3. Separation of the abdominal wall muscle repair may lead to a swelling/bulge appearance. This may be diagnosed on physical examination  with your surgeon examining you in different bodily positions. One of the steps of a tummy tuck procedure involves reapproximation (plication)  of the rectus muscles.  These muscles have spread apart during pregnancy and/or weight gain. Bringing them together again in the midline helps to “tighten” the abdominal wall as well as to narrow the waistline.
4. Residual adipose tissue may be confused for swelling. Again this is most easily diagnosed by physical examination. Additional liposuction surgery maybe necessary to improve the results of surgery.
Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  a complete skin redraping  to occur.

Muscle issues after tummy tuck

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say whether or not the muscles are tight or not.  You should probably check with your surgeon.