Feels Like my Right Breast Bottoming out After Revision Surgery - What to Do? (photo)

Hi my breast a. was 08/2010- I got 450 cc mentor round high profile underm. trough armpits,went from A to D-DD. Im 5'6" 130.2 months later after that I got pregnant and after breastf. baby for 3 months my breast got "before pregnancy" shape - but my right breast wasl too high,so I had correction sur. at 02/2012.Now I feel my righ breast goes lower than left.Doctor said to leave it alone.My Q isshould I get suturation?how visible scars will be?or go bigger?also right b is not round and painfull

Breast is settling after Revision Surgery

+1

I agree with the other surgeons on the site. I would leave your breasts alone at this point and allow the healing process to take place. I suggest to women after a revision to use a shoelace tied end to end and put over the shoulder and under the implant be used as a device to mold/form the inferior breast fold. I find that this works very well and would suggest wearing it for at least 8 weeks and continuing to massage the implants while wearing the shoelace as much as possible.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Feels Like my Right Breast Bottoming out After Revision Surgery - What to Do?

+1

The photos are very very helpful. At this early stage I would leave them alone and just massage the right one inferiorly to try to get better placement. I do not recommend revision this early. 

Breast augmentation revision

+1

Looks like both of your implants are settling from surgery assuming that you had them both revised.  If that is the case you should just observe them with your surgeon.  If you do not like the lowering nature of your 'right' breast then you can wear underwires to help support it up and keep it from going down but some people do not believe that will do anything at all.  Best bet is to follow your surgeon's advise because he/she knows actually what took place.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Revision after breast implant revision

+1

Your surgeon is probably right in that you should leave things alone. You can wear an underwire to support the implant, though things will probably settle in just fine. A larger implant should have been considered beforehand and it is late to look back on that now.

Augment revision results

+1
I recommend that you give things more time to settle down before evaluating the result to assess whether additional revision is necessary. I am not a fan of the infra-axillary approach for a variety of reasons including the difficulty in achieving symmetry.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Right breast lower after surgery still too early to address.

+1

Realizing that the photos are in the mirror and your perceived "left" breast is actually your "right" in real life, I agree that the crease is a little lower than the other. Since your surgery was just a few weeks ago I feel it is far to early to consider any revision surgeries at this time.

Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Perhaps wearing a bra or a strap can help push this up a bit during the healing process, but don't try to manipulate the result without the guidance of your doctor. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon