Feels Like my Left Impant is Being Squeezed Constantly and I'm Getting Worried. 2 Wks Post Op- 400 Cc's Sil- Unders?

I'm 2 weeks post op from receiving 400cc's of silicone under the muscle. I'm 5'7, 125 lbs & went from a 34A to a 34C/D. I haven't had a lot of pain with healing but recently for the past three days, my left breast has felt like its being constantly squeezed all day at work. It's only when I'm in the office and I've been massaging both breasts three times daily. I'm worried something's wrong even though both breasts look the same (no bleeding, bruising or intense swelling). Should I be concerned

Breast feels squeezed 2 weeks after implants

+3

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have muscle spasms 2 weeks after a breast augmentation. This can give a squeezing sensation and can be on one or both sides. The fact that your breasts look unchanged is a good indicator that nothing serious is going on. I would suggest limiting your activity for now and usually the spasms will subside. If you are concerned, I would recommend being seen by your plastic surgeon. If the spasms are bothersome, sometimes medications can be prescribed to treat them.

Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Spasms at 2 Weeks

+1

Submuscular augmentation can produce significant spasm.  This can be treated with massage and muscle relaxants.

Breast Feels Squeezed After Implants

+1

Hi cms,

You didn't mention if your work requires using your left arm more than your right.  Regardless, it is not uncommon to have muscle spasms in one or both breasts after implants under the muscle. This sensation usually goes away after 6-8 weeks.

Based on the description of your breasts, there is no cause for concern. Always discuss any post-op concerns with your PS.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Squeezing sensation 2 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Based on your description, you may be experiencing some muscle spasms in the left chest. This can certainly give a sensation of pressure or squeezing around the implant even 2 weeks after surgery. This feeling should continue to get better with time as your muscles and breast tissues relax and stretch. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and address your concerns. With a proper exam, your surgeon should be able to determine the exact cause of your "problem." Hope this helps!

Thanks for your question. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast issue at two weeks after surgery

+1

It sounds like you are having muscle spasm.  This may be the cause and should get better with time as the muscle relaxes.  Best to see your doctor if concerned.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. What you are describing sounds like pectoralis major muscle spasm. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you accurately after direct examination.

Generally speaking, breast implants can “ride high” and/or us be associated with pectoralis major muscle spasm for several months after breast augmentation surgery. This is especially true for  patients who start out  relatively small and  have  strong pectoralis major muscles. Breast augmentation with relatively large breast implants may increase the time necessary for the breast implants to settle ( “drop and fluff”).

The use of massage and avoidance of activity that will engage your pectoralis major muscles ( push-ups, bench press, dancing on a pole…) will help.

Muscle relaxants and/or anti-inflammatories may be helpful for a short period of time as well.
 You may find the attached link helpful as well.