Not Feeling Positive - 10 Days on? (photo)

Face, neck and browlift ,upper and lower bleph and lateral canthoplexy 10 days ago Redness in one eye being treated by antibiotics to exclude infection. Allowing for swelling (mostly around neck and chin) I am feeling very down about the result so far. One side of my face is still saggy - heavy folds above eye, loose jowl and forehead still deeply wrinkled. I am also experiencing severe pain in the mornings, like someone is trying to rip my scalp off of my head

Before and After Facelift Blepharoplasty Browlift

+2

Dear debbiejr,

• You are experiencing a normal feeling after surgery, it will improve over the next 1-2 weeks
  • Your feelings of anxiety, doubt, regret, fear will all improve, talk to your surgeon for some reassurance, that is what we are here for
  • It is always darkest before the dawn as they say...you had a lot of surgery and the swelling will take time to go down

Best regards,

Nima Shemriani

Early face lift feelings

+2

Thank you for the question. After a facelift, it takes a while for the results to become apparent. While it is difficult to be patient during this process, you have to be just that. It is not uncommon for people to become a bit depressed during the recovery phase or to have second thoughts about their decision to have to procedure. Know that you are not alone, and that in time, the results will improve.

There are many sensations that can also occur during the healing phase. These include numbness, itching, burning, ect., and will resolve over time. Now that you are 10 days out, things will hopefully start feeling better soon.

Hang in there,

Jeff Rockmore 

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Few patients feel great early on

+2

Thank you for the question.  Most facelift and face rejuvenation patients feel uncertain about their results early on.  More improvements are certain as healing occurs.  Any issues you may have can also not be corrected until later on after recovery.  Try to stay positive and patient as things will get better.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

You see most of facelift result at one month.

+2

Hi.

Don't look at yourself too closely for several weeks, because things will change quite a bit, but the fold on the left side of your mouth may eventually need to be touched up.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Not Feeling Positive - 10 Days on?

+2

You are experiencing the post operative emotional event that needs reassurance from your treating surgeon and/or staff. As for the anticipated result only more timw will allow you to determine if the operation achieve them. 

Not feeling positive after facial surgery

+2

It is not at all uncommon for people to feel a little negative or even depressed after undergoing facial cosmetic surgery.  This feeling generally goes away with a little time.  Having had the surgery only 10 days ago, it's impossible to judge your results now.  There still is significant swelling involved which will influence how your face looks at present.  As this swelling subsides, the look of your face can change dramatically.  I would definitely give it some more time to heal and then re-evaluate your appearance.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jowls, wrinkles

+1

Those feeling after surgery are normal. It is to early to judge the results. I will encourage you to give more time until the healing process is more advance

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Early facelift concerns

+1

You are so early in the healing process- there is no way to assess your results at this point as much of what you are seeing is swelling which is rarely symmetrical.  Try and be patient- worrying about things now will unlikely be necessary in the end!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

10 Days After Facelift - Not Feeling Positive

+1

10 days after facelift, swelling figures prominently into the picture and results are masked.  Depression and anxiety are common and usually get better by one month after surgery.

Stay Positive, Results Take Time

+1

Only ten days out of surgery you will still have quite a bit of healing time. It is normal for patients to initially feel uncertain however once you’re healing progresses further you will notice more results. If you are concerned about your progress do not hesitate to return to the surgeon who performed the surgery and ask any and all questions that may arise. Otherwise just be patient and the results will come over time. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon