What is This Feeling I Am Getting on my Left Breast?

Inframmatory crease incision partial sub muscular with silicone implants about 4weeks ago. 2 weeks post op I felt on my left breast closest to my sternum half less than half an inch up from my incision that it was a bit sore and when I pushed in it felt like popping or squishing in. Soreness resolved after a week or less. I still can press that area and feel a squish in or popp. It does make noise and only is felt when sitting up not lying down. Coordinator at surgeons advised likely air bubble

Instable Silicone Implant After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Brianna, 

The air bubble is not an option as it will resolved by the second day post-op.

Based on your description, it seems that what you are feeling is possibly the implant since it may not be covered by the muscle that could be over-modified.

That being said, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon since he/she knows the full details of your surgery and can physically examine you to provide you with a definitive diagnosis.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Feeling on chest after implants

+1

I think that from your description, you are pushing on the area where the muscle was divided, It may be the muscle of the implant that you are feeling. An in person exam would be helpful.

There are no air bubbles in breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. You are feeling your implant. Any air that exists in the pocket after breast augmentation is absorbed in 24 hours. It is impossible that what you are feeling to be an air bubble. It sounds like the muscle may have been released in that area to the point where there is very little covering up the implant so you can feel it. When you lay down, the implant moves off to the side so you can't feel it anymore.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Question After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi Brianna,

I guess my first question to you is, "Have you had your plastic surgeon look over the situation?"  They would be best equipped to give you an answer.  It could be that you are feeling the implant itself, or you could have had a small fluid collection that will eventually go away.  Air bubbles should have resolved by now, but anything is possible. See what you surgeon has to say.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon