Feeling Lightheaded and Dizzy After 2 Weeks Septoplasty Plus I Have Still Blood Discharge?

i have septoplasty and turbunate reduction 2 and half weeks ago i wanted to know is it normal to feel light headed light facial pain and dizzyness my throat hurts and i still have bloody discharge is this normal what should i do?

Post Septoplasty Recovery

+1

Dear Habeebaajaz,

It is common to have some some slight discomfort after septoplasty surgery and at the two weeks post operative phase this would be considered within normal limits. It is not very common to have dizziness at this point of the recovery unless you had extensive bleeding and blood loss, or you are still taking post operative pain medications which may lead to these side effects. At two weeks post surgery you may still have some bloody post nasal drip which is irritating your throat as well. This should dissipate quickly. I would see your treating surgeon for a post operative visit and explain your symptoms for further evaluation of the above mentioned concerns. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.