Feeling Juvederm Lumps - is It Normal?

I had Juvederm injected 4 days ago. Should I be able to feel it everywhere it was injected?

Juvederm and lumps

+3

Lumps after fillers can occur. I will often massage them out when I am performing the treatment.  I will also tell my patientst that if they feel a bit "lumpy" to either come in for me to correct it, or lightly massage it at home.  This usually does the trick. Sometimes lumps can be bruising.

Juviderm and lumpiness

+3

Juviderm is soft and integrates readily into the skin.  After injection, you may notice a little firmness, but that should disappear in a few days.  Gentle massage can be done if you feel some lumpy areas.  Within a week, however, the areas of injection are normally soft and without lumpiness.  Check with your doctor and let him tell you what's going on.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Should not have lumps after Juvederm.

+3

Hi.

You should not be filling lumps after Juvederm injections.  Go back to your doctor right away.  Even, after a few days, massage can help smooth things out.  But don't blame the Juvederm. Lumps are related to technique.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It's normal to feel a few lumps right after Restylane or Juvederm.

+2

The hyaluronic acids are a gel substance that has a real volume. Often patients are surprised they can feel the material in their skin after injections. Depending on the doctor's goal, some of these areas may feel lumpier than others, especially from inside the mouth. If these areas don't show as lumpy from the outside, then it's a matter of whether they bother you from the inside. The physican can gently massage the lumps during injection to smooth the contour, but you should be careful massaging them yourself, which may risk the loss of volume restoration you liked when you looked in the mirror.  After a few days and weeks, the lumpy feeling often goes away on its own.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Lumps after Juvederm

+2

Since the procedure was only 4 days ago I would not be concerned. They will fade in a few days. Just softly massage the area and it will be fine. If they are not gone in two weeks go back to your surgeon for a follow up.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Lumpiness after Juvederm

+2

It can happen at times. If the lumps are not painful and are not easily visible then don't do anything. If they are visible then get hyaluronidase to get them removed. If they are painful then either you have a bacterial infection and need antibiotics or you have herpes (cold sore virus) and need anti viral.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after Juvederm injection are common

+2

Although not entirely normal, it is common to have lumpiness of areas injected with Juvederm. The lumps usually resolve with massage after several days. If the lumps are still present after 2 weeks, consider following up with the individual who performed your injections.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Lumps after Juvederm

+1
Lumps and bumps are  common following a Juvederm and usually resolve on their own, once the filler starts to get incorporated with your own skin tissue. It would be best if you book a follow up appointment with your injector in 1-2 weeks, and he/she can massage any residual lumps or bumps at that time. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Juvederm Lumps

+1

Although it is not entirely normal, it is common to have lumpiness after Juvederm. The lumps can usually resolve itself with massage after several days.  If you observe lumps ten days to 2 weeks after treatment, contact your injector.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lumps after Juvederm

+1

Feeling lumps and bumpa after a Juvederm or any filler is common. The lumps usually resolve itself but after two weeks if you still feel them you can massage the area.