Feeling Demoralized 12 Days Following Cellulaze. Looks Worse?

I just had my 11 day post-op appointment and am still feeling lousy... I feel that my cellulite is actually looking worse and I can NOT for the life of me remove the permanent marker - they even tried to remove it at the doctor's office w/ oil and acetone to no avail - any suggestions? Also - when is it safe to begin working out? I still feel pretty sore and skin is very sensitive to the touch but want to find out when it would be considered safe to exercise.

Cellulaze Results at 3-6 Months

+1

Due to post procedure swelling it is normal for the cellulite to appear more pronounced at first.  It can take up to 3 months before you see significant results and will continue to improve up to 6 months.  I recommend my patients wait 2 weeks to exercise.  There are many options for removing the marker - we suggest baby wipes, rubbing alcohol, and oil based products.

Please be patient with Cellulaze procedure

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  This question comes up often here.  During my consultations with patients I make sure they understand that the results will not show up immediately, and can look worse because of the swelling.  The results start to improve by the 3-6 months, and can continue for up to a year after the surgery.  Please have patience with the procedure, and I am sure you will be pleased once it has taken affect.  Best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Results

+1
Thank you for your question. Do not be discouraged. After about 3 weeks, the results of your treatment will start to become visible, with improvements continuing to develop during the following 3 to 12 months. You will enjoy skin with better tone and fewer surface irregularities. Depressions will gradually level out, and your body contour will be sleeker and more attractive.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Be Patient!

+1

Cellulaze takes between 3-6 months to see the final result. Be patient you have to give it time to heal properly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

12 days after Cellulaze

+1

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling discouraged after your procedure.  Bruising, swelling, soreness, looking lumpy, bumpy and worse are all quite common 12 days post procedure.  This is all actually quite normal.  It's easy to get discouraged and have regrets when you feel sore, look worse and don't see the end in sight. And though I can't give you an exact date of when you will look and feel better, you certainly will.  Everyone goes through a healing phase that looks worse than what they started with. Continue to wear the compression garment and consider having lymphatic massage and/or smoothshapes to help to healing process and swelling along.  I would recommend one more week without exercise.  The remaining marks from the permanent or surgical markers will surely resolve soon as well. If you have any worries, you should never hesitate to contact the surgeon that performed the procedure.

Good luck and hang in there~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Feeling Demoralized 12 Days Following

+1

Sorry for you're issues. To me you had a very poor pre operative informed consent because ALL your issues are very normal following CELLULAZE. In fact I make sure MY patients fully understand this is a LONG healing process. Best to have a heart to heart with your certified CELLULAZE doc. Maybe you can help him/her change their pre operative policies of informing. But back to you, it takes weeks before you will see changes. Just hang in there try lymphatic massages. 

Cellulaze 12 days postop

+1

I tell my Cellulaze patients that the areas of treatment may actually look worse in the first 2 weeks after your procedure because of 1) bruising  and 2) swelling.   Depending on your treatment and your compliance with compression garments, these issues should get better in 2-3 weeks.   Please remember, it takes 3-6 months for you to see your final results.  The reason for this time period is that it takes time for the collagen to thicken and tighten your skin in the areas of treatment.  Please followup with your PS.  Good luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS