Will This Feeling Go Away?

I "feel" mascara going on my lower lashes in addition to my upper lashes, when I'm actually putting mascara on my top lashes...I am 6 weeks post op from upper and lower blephoplasty (and a brow lift, a face lift and neck lift)

Altered sensation after yelid surgery and face lift

+2

During eyelid surgery and Face Lifts, the incisions and tissue dissection disrupts the cutaneous sensory nerves.  These do come back after several months but until then you can have altered sensation...this resolves by itself over time.

Applying Makeup after Blepheroplasty

+2

Slight numbness of eyelids is common after blepheroplasty and takes about 12 weeks to recover.  Don't panic, the feeling will normalize enough to not to be a problem in another 6weeks or so.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Abnormal eyelid sensations after a blepharoplasty

+2

It is very common to have numbness and altered sensations around your lid margins for three to six months after undergoing a blepharoplasty. This should normalize with time.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Funny Feelings" Are Usual Post-Op

+2

If it is just a sensation and you are not actually applying mascara to the lower lashes, this feeling should dissipate over the next couple of months as swelling diminishes and the sensory nerves recover.

Check with your surgeon on this issue.

If you can post some post-operative photos, that may be helpful for assessing your concerns.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Pre-op photo provides no insight into your current issues.

+1

Elaine

There can be many issues that crop up after facial surgery.  Your personal sensations and experiences unfortunately to not convey an ability to understand the basis for those concerns.  Consider posting more photographs here.  Alternative, consider addressing your concerns to your surgeon and see what advise they offer.  Feel free to repost with this information as well.