I Feel Too Tight As If I'm Wearing A Girdle After TT (2 Weeks Post-Op)?

I'm 58,no children, and had tummy tuck 16 days ago. My plastic surgeon also tightened the external obliques to create a curved waistline.I feel so tight I'm wondering if he didn't pull on me too much or what. Frankly, I'm getting a little concerned after reading how everyone else is getting along so well. It feels like I've got a tight girdle on.My doctor seems to think I am doing ok. Should I be concerned? I don't want to feel like this forever. Can I be loosened up?

Tight feeling after tummy tuck indicates excellent muscle tightening!

+2

It's ironic that some patients perceive a superior muscle tightening as potentially concerning, whereas other patients ask questions about whether or not their surgeon actually tightened their muscles--the former is assurance that your surgeon did a complete and likely superlative job, whereas the latter may indicate "skipping" what most of us feel to be an essential part of a properly-performed tummy tuck!

Your tightness will diminish over time and sensation will normalize, but your "final" results will not be evident for 6-12 months. You won't feel this way (tight) for that entire time, but will gradually and progressively improve as scar tissue settles, softens, and matures, and swelling reabsorbs as lymphatic vessels heal and re-grow. Thus, you absolutely WON'T feel this way "forever" and in fact won't feel this way in several weeks--you will continue to improve and feel less "tight" as the weeks go by. Let the tightness help diminish your dietary intake accordingly if you need to lose weight at all, or if you are already at "ideal" weight, eat smaller amounts more frequently.

You will not need "loosening up." But it sounds as if your surgeon has really given you a result you will appreciate in the long term, rather than wondering if he did a muscle repair at all when healing has progressed. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/body-procedures/tummy-tuck

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Feel Too Tight after Tummy Tuck?

+2

What you are experiencing is actually not uncommon at this stage in your recovery. I have many patients who report the same sensations that may last for several months after the operation. It is extremely unusual for the “tight” feeling to persist after that time.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, continue to be patient, and avoid comparing yourself to much to “everyone else”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tightness after tummy tuck

+1
It sounds like your surgeon did an excellent operation and what you are feeling is completely within the normal range. Some patients minimize the effects after surgery and others may not have had as complete a procedure. Try not to compare your healing trajectory to what others report, continue to followup with your plastic surgeon and enjoy your new look!

Tight Tummy

+1

I have many patients who tell me the same thing that you are feeling.  I remind them that this is what we were trying to achieve with the tummy tuck and that it is a good thing to feel tight at this stage in the recovery.  In my experience this feeling will subside.  Your doctor probably did a good job and hopefully you'll have a very nice result.  Just be patient.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon