Can I Feel the Implant Moving?

4 days post augmentation and recovery has been excellent. Trying to maintain movement and flexibility since Day 1 doing full range arm movements, albeit carefully! This morning when I did arm raises I felt a weird kind of dragging/scrunching around the suture area under the bust. It feels as though the implant is dragging over the muscle is this normal/acceptable or am I pushing things too soon? No increase in pain, as before the only discomfort is along the suture line, breast feel fine.

Implant moving

If you are feeling okay and there is no pain or discomfort, then this is probably normal. Patients often describe many different sensations.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Implant Movement at 4 Days

Hearing sounds and feeling the implant move is not abnormal after surgery, and many patients report strange sounds and sensations after surgery.  Any increase in pain or breast distortion should merit an exam.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Implant moving post breast augmentation

If I am haring you correctly, then it seems that what you are experiencing is normal.  Patients hear squeaking or sloshing sometimes after surgery.  Be sure that you are following your plastic surgeon's instructions to the letter.  Don't over do it.  If you have any questions, you should call your plastic surgeon's office.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

9280 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148

Breast implant movement?

Thanks for your post. What you are experiencing is normal. Breast implants will move around under the muscle and most patients can hear or feel it happening. Eventually, you become accustomed to them moving normally. Be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

8765 East Bell Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Follow your surgeons instructions

It is very important that you follow your surgeon's instructions after breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I do not have my patients do any major upper body exercises for the first few weeks after surgery.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

465 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Implant moving

you are having normal sensations after surgery. There will be significant scarring by three weeks and these motions will stop

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

1035 Park Ave
New York City, NY 10028

Can I Feel the Implant Moving?

These are fairly common sensations, probably due to air around the implant that got into the surgical field during the operation. Usually all the air is resorbed by 10 days. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004