Feeling Pain and Tingling After I Eat Since Cool Sculpting

I had the procedure done 5 days ago and I notice that I feel sharp pain and tingling in my stomach when I eat. My stomach is very sensitive to the touch.

Pain after Zeltiq Coolsculpting

+4

The feeling of sharp pain and discomfort following the coolsculpting procedure is normal.  This should subside within 1 month.  It is recommended for you to wear a compression garment/ girdle to make it more comfortable for you.  The reason you are felling more pain after you eat is due to the stomach expanding which is normal.    Hypersensativity is common, massaging the area also helps with a moisturizer to speed up your recovery period. 

Pain can happen after coolsclupting

+2

It is not common, but not rare to have some persistent pain when treating the abdomen.  This will subside and can usually be treated with ibuprofen.  Were you thin to begin with?  Some people believe the risk for post-procedural pain is greater in thinner people.  On the other hand, pain with eating is not something I can explain from coolsclupting and I believe may be unrelated.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Pain & Tingling After CoolSculpting can be common

+1
Pain, tingling, and sensitivity are very common after treatment with CoolSculpting. These symptoms should improve over time and subside over the next few weeks. Sometimes patients find comfort in wearing a compression garment around the treated areas to provide support and aid against clothing rubbing on the sensitive areas. If your symptoms worsen or persist, you should consult with your provider.

Pain and Tingling after CoolSculpting

+1

Pain, tenderness, tingling or hypersensitivity after having the CoolSculpting procedure are normal, common, side effects of the treatment. Both of these side effects typically resolve within about 2 weeks, though the numbness can take upwards of 2-3 months to fully resolve.

Web reference: http://www.FreezeTheFat.com

Pain After CoolSculpting

+1

It is common to experience some tenderness following CoolSculpting for 1-2 weeks.  An altered sensation (numbness) can also occur up to one month after treatments.  Typically there is no interference with any activity, but immediately after a procedure it is not uncommon to feel more heightened discomfort.  This should resolve itself within a couple days. 

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/coolsculpting-zeltiq-austin.html

Pain and Tingling after CoolSculpting

+1

Patients may experience the pain and tingling that you are describing (usually not specific to only after eating).  These will subside with time (usually 2-3 weeks) and no action is needed.  You may want to take some over the counter pain medication for relief.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

Tingling and pain can occur temporarily after Zeltiq

+1

CoolSculpting does create a significant amount of inflammation in the subcutaneous fatty compartment of tissue underneath the skin. this is how its freezing accomplishes fat reduction, by killing the fat cells and then dissolving them.  Why you notice this pain more after eating is unusual and not easily explained.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Post operative discomfort following Coolsculpting

+1

I am unaware of pain and tingling being associated with eating following Coolsculpting. It is unlikely. It is possible, however, to have discomfort , tingling, numbness or cramping after Coolsculpting this may last 4-6 weeks in some patients but unrelated to eating.Typically this is well tolerated.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon