10 Months Post Rhinoplasty: Nose is Still Too Large

I had my nose done in August of last year I still feel my bridge is a little to wide and my profile is still boxy is it too soon to consider revision?

Revision Rhinoplasty is Sometimes the Best Answer

+2

You are very wise to ask this question. The timing for a revision rhinoplasty is critical.  Decisions can start to be made at around 9 months and the surgery performed at around 12 months.  It is important for the surgeon you choose to perform your revision to unerstand this and see you now to analyze the anatomical problems properly.  At this point many of the issues you raised will not be corrected by waiting more.  You have waited long enough.  All the concerns you have should be able to be corrected naturally and effectively if you choose an experienced surgeon that is adept and confident with revisions, grafting techniques, etc.

Good luck. Please make sure you always choose a board certified rhinoplasty specialist, whether the training backgorund is ENT or Plastic Surgery, he/she should have plenty of pictures to show you. If that surgeon has served as a speaker and published in numerous textbooks and journals on rhinoplasty topics, then you are most likely safe. After that  you have to go with your gut feeling and instincts on whether your new surgeon can do the job and has the proper aesthetic eye that matches yours! 

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Considering revision rhinoplasty is a difficult decision.  If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose at 10 months, this may be an option to entertain.  Unless you have extremely thick skin, the majority of your nasal swelling should have settled down.  If your expectations for revision are reasonable and the surgeon feels he can make an improvement, it may be wise to seek a consultation now.  

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is 10 months after initial Rhinoplasty to soon for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, No, anytime after 6 months you should be able to undergo a Revision Rhinoplasty...in most cases  You should have a few consultations with qualified Rhinoplasty surgeons with good reputations.

Best to wait a year before a revision

+1
Great Question. Best to wait a year befor you revise your nose. Chat with your surgeon now and make plans for July or August. Good luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Timing for revision rhinoplasty

+1

Generally speaking, one year is the time to consider a revision of a rhinoplasty, but 10 months is certainly reasonable. At this point, most of the swelling and skin shrinkage has resolved. Discuss your specific needs in detail with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery. If available, 3D imaging can also be helpful in communicating your needs as well.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Too wide

+1

At 10 months it would be ok to get an opinion. Be sure to bring some pre surgery photos of your self so that an objective evaluation of your result and realistic recommendation of improvement can be made.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose too Wide and Tip too boxy 10 months after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

At 10 months post - op if your not seeing the results you wanted or thought you should have then its ok to consider a revision. If all the swelling has subsided, which it should have, then go ahead an seek another consult.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty timing.

+1
You should be fine at 10 months for a revision rhinoplasty. Make sure this is done by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Nose too wide after surgery

+1

You may be well enough along the healing curve that a second opinion would be woth while. Good pictures would be helpful to determine if repeate osteotomies and further tip refinement would help afer a little more time has passed

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

10-12 months is usually adequate for healing in noses with thin skin. It sounds as though you do have thick nasal skin and it will takes somewhat longer for the swelling to subsides.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon