I Feel That my Nose is Bulbous and Asymmetrical, Can It Be Improved Through Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have attached some pictures of my nose taken from the front and the side. I think that I have a bulbous and asymmetrical nose (especially the tip). Is this something that can be easily corrected through rhinoplasty?

Correcting asymmetry and a bulbous nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can help correct a bulbous nose and asymmetry. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist, as they will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

I Feel That my Nose is Bulbous and Asymmetrical, Can It Be Improved Through Rhinoplasty?

+1

YES! only a rhinoplasty type operation can offer you a correction in the appearance of your nose. Seek in person examinations. 

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

+1

Addressing the  bulbous tip can be performed by a combination of cartilage removal  of the nasal tip cartilages and suturing of the tip cartilages together to narrow and refine the nasal tip. Asymmetries can be adjusted as well with cartilage removal or  grafting, depending upon what the issues are.  Please see the link below for examples of bulbous tips we have repaired in our  rhinoplasty practice

Yes

+1

Rhinoplasty can help with your type of nose. Speak to a well trained, experienced plastic surgeon and discuss the options available.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Bulbous and asymmetrical nose correctable by Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Animallover,

thank you for your question.  Absolutely.  Your nose can be made smaller, with a more refined tip and good symmetry with a good rhinoplasty.  The following link is an example of a nose similar to yours.

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for rhinoplasty.

+1

The large tip that displeases you should respond well to rhinoplasty. The cartilages are well-developed and the skin is thin enough to permit identification of detail.

Rhinoplasty can make the appearance of your nose much better.

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.

Rhinoplasty can make the appearance of your nose much better. It also can improve the breathing when it is combined with septoplasty and turbinate reduction.

In your case depending of your nasal skin thickness you can have a great result. Rhinoplasty is commonly used to improve the shape and correct the bulbosity of the nose and make the nose more symmetric.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr.  Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Yes, a rhinoplasty would help refine the appearance of your nose

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  A rhinoplasty procedure can help improve the appearance of your nose including the nasal tip.  Either a closed approach or an open approach can be done. I would seak consultations with several board certified plastic surgeons and discuss with them what you would like to accomplish.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD