I Feel As if my Implants Are Too Small of a Size to Fill my Lack of Breast Tissue from Nursing 2 Children? (photo)

I'm 6 weeks post-op. I am 27 years old, 5'3" and approx. 112lbs and breast fed both of my children. Before surgery I left it up to him what size he thought best filled my skin, and said anywhere between 250-300cc. Surgeon choose 250cc high profile Mentors put in. I feel my implant isn't large enough to fill my breast so that it looks good. I have tissue hanging off of my implant and my nipple slants slightly downwards. Will my implants drop and fix this these problems? Also my left has a valley

Breast Augmentation Post Op

+2

Give it time.  Your breast implants have to settle inside the breast pocket.  You may want to discuss a minor mastopexy, if you decide later to change out your breast implants for larger ones.  If you decide to go larger, try on sizers in your surgeon's office so that you will be clear on how much volume you wish to add.

Too small post aug

+1

From your photos it looks like they may be under muscle and Iw ould put pressure on the top to push your impalnts a little lower and see if that helps.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants too small to fill my lack of breast tissue from nursing 2 kids

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that you would've benefited from a lift pre-operatively. At 6 weeks post-op, it looks like you are healing well but you need to give it a few more weeks as shape can continue to change anywhere from 3-6 months.  Re-evaluate then and if you are still unhappy, that would be a good time to discuss your options with your surgeon.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I Feel As if my Implants Are Too Small of a Size to Fill my Lack of Breast Tissue from Nursing 2 Children?

+1

You are an example of the effect of normal healing in implant dropping. Your 6 weeks photo looks good. But yes you could have gone to at least a 350 cc HP implant in my over the internet opinion. 

Implants too small

+1

I agree with the others in terms of waiting, you are only 6 weeks out. I would wait until things stabilize before thinking about revisions. I like patients to try sizers to determine volume of implant to be used. 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

BA after nursing children

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  From your before photo, it can be seen that you have a significant amount of excess skin.  There are a couple of options when dealing with significant postpartum involution of the breasts--placing a large implant to fill up the excess skin or place an implant and reduce the excess skin.  Despite the 250cc implant, you still have some excess skin.  The implants may settle a bit more with time, but you will likely still have some excess skin.  A breast lift or mastopexy will help reduce the skin around the implant and create the best balance of amount of skin for the given volume of your new breast with the implant in place.  

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

It looks like you needed a small  lift before surgery and I think you still may need one.  Give it time to settle in the pocket as well.

Breast implant size

+1

I think you should consider a breast lift. From the side, it appears the skin is hanging off of your implant. To try to accommodate all of the excess skin with increased volume may make you extremely uncomfortable and disproportional

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augment position and size

+1

It takes time to heal after a breast augmentation. Initially the implants are often too high but "settle" into the lower portion of the breast. Occasionally (about 1/3 of the time in my practice) a surgeon will give you a band to wear above the breasts that helps push them down. If after time (usually about three months or more) your shape is not what you want then you should discuss this with your surgeon. It may be possible to place larger implants or do a small lift to get the shape of the breasts closer to what you want. Remember...as surgeons we can make things better but we can not make them perfect.

William LoVerme, MD