I Can Feel my Fracture an Have Noticed a Minor Dent Will It Be Permanent?

Hi I had closed Rhinoplasty 15 weeks ago and my healing process has been very good appart from the last 3 weeks roughly i have felt my nose on the left side and can feel were the fracture is (is this normal?) also on the left just above the fracture i have a small minor dent which is visable and have a slight pain and was wondering if this will disappear or is my nose still healing. My surgen has told me to be patient and wait however I just need reasurrance that my nose is ok. many thanks

Fracture and Minor Dent after Rhinoplasty at 4 Months

+2

The appearance may improve as the swelling resolves.  Some palpability of an edge and pain may be normal.  However, without pictures or an exam, it is hard to give any more detailed information.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Notice minor dent 15 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

An exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. In general, it can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. The nose will continue to change and improve over time. The swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was open or closed, and whether or not the procedure was a revision. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time.  In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns with your surgeon. They know the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD