I Feel Some Lumps Under my Skin After Coolsculpting with the Large Suction. Will These Go Away? It Has Been 6 Days.

Hard lumps after CoolSculpting should go away on their own

+1

I am not aware of any permanent or long term lumps as a side effect from CoolSculpting. We have not seen this as a complication from CoolSculpting.  The fat cells die and the body has to metabolize them. There is inflammation which is the body's way of reacting to clean up the area and this produces tenderness, swelling, warmth and hard lumps at times. They should go away in several weeks and your doctor can recommend some treatments to make this better sooner.

CoolSculpting can swell for a few days.

+1

Lumpiness under the skin can occur in the first few days to a week or so after CoolSculpting. There is some swelling and inflammation that can occur especially when the large handpiece is used on the abdomen.  Not to worry, in all of the patients that we have done not one has had any lumps persist for more than a couple of weeks.  

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon