Should I Feel Lumps in my Breast After Implant Removal? 12 Wks Post Op

I had under the muscle implants removed along with a capsulectomy In Oct 12, I can now feel a large lump in my breast, it feels squidgy - is this normal?

Should I Feel Lumps in my Breast After Implant Removal?

+2

No, you should not feel a large lump in this setting. You should call and make an appointment with your surgeon to be examined. There are many possible causes, none of which can be determined online. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Lump in breast

+1

A lump in the breast ahas to be evaluated in person by a doctor. One can not say what it is in a forum such as this.

Breast Lump after Implant Removal

+1

After breast surgery, bruising of the tissues, especially fat, may result in hard lumps and scars.  It is also possible to have retained localized fluid collections that will be felt.  Lastly, a ruptured silicone gel implant may leave a silicone granuloma.  Your surgeon knows the details of your procedure and can surely help you after an examination, which you should do as soon as you can.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Lump in Breast after Breast Implant Removal

+1

Any lump in a breast before or after surgery should be evaluated by a physical exam and imaging, if deemed appropriate.

Breast Lump

+1

Whenever one feels a breast lump it should be brought to the attention of your doctor and start a workup for the diagnosis of the lump. See your doctor ASAP