I feel like the tip of my nose is dropping, will taping help?

I had an open septorhinoplasty 3 months ago, I feel like the tip of my nose is dropping, will taping it help? What should I do? Will taping even matter 3 months post op? I'm so nervous, I paid so much for my nose and hate to see the tip drop

Taping after rhinoplasty

+2
Taping the nose after a rhinoplasty can help to reduce swelling. It will not, by itself, help to support the tip three months after your procedure. Your nose will change quite a bit over the next six to twelve months and I hope that you achieve the result that you desire.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping nose 3 months post-op septorhinoplasty

+1
Taping at any stage of the healing will not keep the tip from drooping permanently. I have not seen any drooping tip at 3 months post op that can turn up during the later stage of the healing period. If you are really bothered by the drooping tip, be prepared for a possible revision. Consult your surgeon about your options.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
   Taping at this point will not alter the final result at least as far as experience has shown.

Taping your nose

+1
Taping the nose will not help alter the projection nor the rotation of the nasal tip. Consider speaking with your surgeon about the outcomes of the surgery.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon