What Procedures Would Benefit Aging Jowels and Sagging Skin? (photo)

I Feel Like my Face is Aging Really Fast (Jowels, Sagging Skin,etc) Help! What procedures would I benefit from??

Face surgery Now?

+2

You do not appear to have a need for any facial cosmetic surgery. Remember that plastic surgery procedures are really not prophylactic but address your present appearance and what can be done at that time and not what may or may not be your appearance in the future. i.e. I am starting to look like my mother and I don't like it. Be carefull of weight fluctuations as around age 30 your skin starts to lose its ability to take up the slack after a weight loss.  

Aging Jowls and Sagging Skin

+2

You do not have jowls but you can improve the quality of your skin and slow down the inevitable aging process with good skin care. When I see patients like you I recommend that they consult with the aesthetician in our clinic.

Sagging face

+2

You do not have a sagging face.  I would advise against any treatment, including injectables.  You do no need them.  Save your money.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Youngs faces don't benefit from facelift surgery

+2

You have no facial jowling, neck laxity or skin sagging. You don't need, and would not benefit from, a face lift. Patients in your age group can benefit from facial volume enhancement of the lips, cheeks, and regions around the eyes. These minimally invasive treatment are effective and repeatable. You don't need surgery.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Proper assessment prior to facial cosmetic surgery.

+1

A proper preop assessment to identify what aging features will be addressed is crucial to the success of facial rejuvenation surgery.  I agree with other responses that you do not have significant jowl formation or sagging skin.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1

Dear Guapa82,

Based on the pictures you have posted, I would not recommend a facelift.  I see no jowls/sagging skin.  You are young and don't need a facelift.

If you feel that you need some facial rejuvenation, I suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  I suspect their advice will be similar.  Save your money.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

A facelift should not be done too early in life.

+1

Photograph demonstrates the patient with youthful face. Any minor contour abnormalities are best handled by fillers. It is too early for facelift.

Fascial changes of aging

+1

Your pictures do not show any  jowls or facial aging. You are not ready for a facelift. A facelift involves tightening facial and neck laxity, tightening the neck muscles, and removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle.  A facelift is usually performed on patients in their 50s and 60s. Please see our  facelift  photo gallery for examples of what a facelift can accomplish.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Looking at your photos, I see an atrractive young woman without much ptosis. You may have some collagen change that is minor. In my past, I have used Retin-A and skin bleach as a temporary measure for your concerns. Sun screen is also in order. Save time and expense for a later date if you want surgery.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

No Surgery

+1

You are too young for surgery and in my opinion have no signs of mid or lower facial aging that would be amenable to surgical correction. The best course for you would be preventative measures: sun block, hydration, antioxidants, L-carnosine, appropriate diet and regular prescribed skin care. There is a little early melasmata which could be treated with hydroquinone and I would also advocate retin-A. Naso- and melo-labial fillers may also be considered to volumise the lower face which would also result in a rejuvenated appearance. I have met many that would pay thousands for your jawline! Enjoy it!

All the best

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon