What if I Feel Like I Need More Than Rasping of the Bridge Will It Cost Me More for the Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had my first rhinoplasty done about 6 months ago, I feel strongly I will need a revision .There is minimal improvement. Ive been told by close friends they do not see much difference. My skin is thick the dorsal is still too high the width is still wider than id hoped and I do not like the tip, it appears bulbous and I cant stand that the septum protrudes and the nostrils are much too visible.

Dorsal Fullness After Rhinoplasty

+1

Usually this is not an uncommon sequelae to have slight dorsal irregularity or fullness. I usually wait 6 months and do this in the office at no charge if it is my own patient. It is a very simple, safe in-office procedure.

Minimal difference in nose six months post-rhinoplasty

+1

I suspect you may need a secondary rhinoplasty. Assuming you haven't lost faith in your plastic surgeon, talk to him or her about your concerns, as working with your existing surgeon may be the most inexpensive way to go. Another surgeon will charge the full amount. Also, wait at least one year before considering another surgery. It would be a mistake to go in any earlier as the tissue will not be mature enough to operate upon.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Procedures for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you will need more than just rasping of the bridge to revise your nose. Cost will depend on your agreement with your original surgeon. If you go to another surgeon, the cost will depend on what you have done.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

In general, it takes at least 9-12 months to allow all swelling to resolve in order to make a decision about revision nasal surgery.  Every nose is different, as is every secondary nasal problem.  I would advise allowing all of the swelling to resolve, and then to have a careful consultation wth the surgeon to voice your concerns and to decide on whether correction of these issues is reasonable and predictable.  Whether or not there is a charge related to the revison procedure is individual, and related to the specific postoperative problems that are occuring.   

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon