Feel of Implants 5 Weeks Post?

I'm 5 weeks PO tomorrow & was just told to start massages @ 4 wks, how long till they feel soft & like part of me? Still waiting on them to drop, should I be massaging my dominant hand side more? I heard that side usually drops last. And is there anything unusual about the feel to be aware of? Still have a lot of numbness on 1 side & nipple is totally numb. Also lower inside of my right breast when I press I feel something that moves slightly, hard to describe. Could that be the pocket that has formed?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I tel patients they will be able to contort their body in a way so that they will be able to feel there implants forever as they are real and they are in there

5 weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

I always tell my patients that it takes 4-6 weeks for the implants to drop into the right location and 3 months to feel very soft like your natural breasts.  Patients usually look great in clothes right away but look great without clothes at about 3 months.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants at 5 weeks

+1

At five weeks it is possible to have numbness which is often associated with swelling and usually gets better with time. As for massage, you should ask you surgeon what he recommends.

Feel of Implants 5 Weeks Post?

+1

These are all common concerns this early after surgery. The implants may take 3 to 6 months on average to "Drop", that is for the pectoral muscles to relax to accommodate the implants. Sensation usually resolves as swelling around the nerves abates.

Better to get reassurance from your surgeon who knows you, knows what was done, and has followed your recovery. All the best. 

Five weeks post op questions

+1

You sound like you are progressing as expected at this stage.  The implants usually will settle over 3-6 weeks but can take 3-6 months.  I do not feel that massage is necessary or helpful to prevent the implants from getting hard.  Sensation usually returns over 3-6 weeks but can take 9-12 months.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Concerns 5 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

All of the symptoms and concerns that you have described are fairly common concerns. To answer your questions, everything will improve in time. After several months, your breasts will settle and feel more natural and soft. The numbness is usually temporary, but this can take a year or more to improve. Thank you for sharing your concerns and questions. Best wishes.