What Does It Feel Like when Your Implant is Dislodged or Rotated

I am 13 days post op breast implants under the muscle teardrop 290g. It feels like my left implant is dislodge there is pressure on one side and if i slightly push on it feels very strange. I was cleaning the house and after this feel came on. any ideas?

Tear Drop Implant Rotated

+1

Without examining you it is difficult to answer this question. However, one of the risks of tear drop, or anatomic implants is that if they rotate, they will cause the breast to look distorted which can lead to another surgery. This is why I prefer to use a round implant. In fact, when standing, a round implant takes on a more tear drop shape and there is no concern if it rotates.

I think you should see your plastic surgeon as soon as you can so he/she can examine you.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Teardrop implants

+1

If you have concerns that your implant has rotated, then I suggest that you see your surgeon. This is one reason whay I am not a big fan of the tear drop implants.

Teardrop implants sometimes rotate resulting in an abnormal look.

+1

Anatomic implants may sound sexy but they are textured (and more likely to be palpable); they have also rotated resulting in an abnormal look. I generally avoid these but use them for breast reconstruction.

Call your PS asap and let them know you feel as if the implant has rotated. It is quite possible that this is what you are feeling.  Rotating teardrops is why most people choose round implants. 

+1

Just like you described. One of the risks of using "TearDrop" or anatomic implants is the rotational factor. See your surgeon ASAP to correct externally or maybe you will need internal operative revision/correction. Sorry. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

PS That is why I RARELY use or recommend these implants. 

What Does It Feel Like when Your Anatomical Breast Implant is Rotated

+1

Regarding: "What Does It Feel Like when Your Implant is Dislodged or Rotated
I am 13 days post op breast implants under the muscle teardrop 290g. It feels like my left implant is dislodge there is pressure on one side and if i slightly push on it feels very strange. I was cleaning the house and after this feel came on. any ideas
?"

The only one who may be able to answer this for you is your surgeon. There is no one specific feeling all women describe when their implants become rotated or flipped on their sides. The commonest description is "weird" which not exactly a useful description. I would present it to your surgeon and ask him.

By the way - were you REALLY supposed to "clean house" so soon after surgery? Be sure to mention this to your surgeon and be ready for the spanking.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Rotated implant

+1

This may best be answered by your plastic surgeon who can examine you and determine if there is any change in your implant. More likely however, you are still experiencing some changes related to your recent surgery.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS