Why Do I Always Feel a Heavy Pressure at my Nose Bridge?

Most of the days I would always have this heavy pressure on my nose bridge. The strong pressure is where my nose bump is. I had this nose bump 16-17 an now I'm 18 and will always have pressure on the bump. Is the pressure happening to me because of the bump?

Heavy pressure the nasal bridge

+1

A nasal bump  is composed of both bone and cartilage and does not usually cause any pain. Pain and pressure in the nose is usually cause from sinus related issues, and a CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses may be in order if this is been chronic in nature.

+1

I would not expect the reduction of the hump to affect this sensation, but you may consider the rhinoplasty for hump reduction from the cosmetic point of view.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Dorsal hump does not give pressure

+1

A hump on the  nasal dorsum does not usually give the pressure. The pressure is likely from congestion inside the nose. You should see an Otolaryngologist to get an evaluation. Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon