Edge of Implant Feels Like a Squishy Bump on Side of Breast

At 3.5 mos. post-op I felt a small bump on the side of my breast near my armpit, @ the time my implant dropped. I saw my GYN for my annual appt.2 wks prior and it wasn't there. I immed. saw my PS and he said it was the edge of my implant and wasn't concerned. Why did this happen?

Will the implant eventually slip out of the pocket? Will the bump ever go away? I can pop it in & out. Is there any harm in having it? I had a mammogram before my sx and it was clear. I have silicone under the muscle.

BUMP IN BREAST IMPLANTS THAT CAN BE FELT? WHAT IS IT? What to do?

This is an edge of the gel implant.  Every plastic surgeon has seen this occur.  I have seen it in my own patients.  Sometimes it does go away and some times it does not.  I have had patients massage it around and out and gone but sometimes it just stays there.   Why does this occur in some breasts and not in others.  The edge feel is one of the big complaints in saline implants but generally was not to occur in gel.  It does occur unfortunately.  In salin this can be nearly eliminated by maximum fill plus and the edges go away.  This majkes sense.  If you overfill a baloon some there are no edges to feel.  Cotrrect.?   Yes.   Ask to see a gel implant at your doctors office and it will be apparent what you are feeling.  Play with the implant sample and note the edge potential.  So, why You?   This, I find,  is more common in very selender patients with low body fat.  There is less coverage so you feel an edge.  There is no harm in the edge feel but it does bother patients and it bothers me.  Occasionally we operate and go up or down a size or try a different profile.   I believe the high profile has a little less potential for the edge feel.  Where the gel implants overfilled,  this also may help but that is not available and may feel firm.  It is annoying and tough all at the same time.  Try massaging it around gently and aggressively.  Feel a sample implant so you understand the problem and this may help you in thought of the massage process.  Try sleeping firmly on that side and then try the reverse.  Sleep on the side for a week.  Try wearing the breast band over the top area of you breast for 20 hour a day for a week.  Try to manipulate the implant around and about.  It may work.  I hope it works for you.  Good Luck,  Dr Commons