Tummy Tuck - When Will I Feel the Difference?

I had a tummy tuck 4 weeks and 4 days ago and I feel fatter now then I did before the surgery! I can barely fit into my fat clothes! Pleas help.

What should you see one month after your tummy tuck?

+1

One month after a tummy tuck, you should have less loose skin and fewer stretch marks.  You should expect to still have swelling, but you should see an overall shape change.  If you had a lot of liposuction done at the same time as your tummy tuck, then your swelling might be more dramatic for a longer length of time.

Talk to your surgeon about your compression garment (what kind and whether you should still be wearing it), salt in your diet (leads to MUCH more swelling in the recovery period after surgery), and whether massage might be helpful for you.

Tummy Tuck: When Will I Feel the Difference?

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling a difference from your Tummy Tuck. You should have noticed an immediate change in your size based on the removal of the excess skin. Of course swelling is normal following this procedure. I would recommend contacting your Plastic Surgeon with your concerns. I know that I always like to hear directly from the patient regarding any questions or concerns. Best of Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD