Can You Feel Deflated Saline Implants That Were Placed Under the Muscle?

I have under the muscle, saline implants that I would like to have removed. I can not afford the removal surgery right now, but would like them drained and then possibly at a later point removed if I need to. If the implant was place under the muscle, once it is deflated, can you feel it or if it folds or makes an "edge" wouldn't that be under the muscle and not likely felt?

Feel Deflated Breast Implant?

+1

Yes, regardless of the breast implant position, you will be more likely to feel the edges/shell of the breast implant once it is deflated. Some patients report that the  deflated implant can even cause discomfort. Much of what will be palpable/visible will depend on how much breast tissue and/or soft tissue coverage is present over the breast implant in your case.

You May Feel Deflated Saline Implants That Were Placed Under the Muscle

+1

Greetings,

The smaller your natural breast is, the more likely it would be to for you to be able to feel or see the emptied implants. The muscle usually only covers the upper part of the breast implant.

Strongly consider surgical removal of the implants in a sterile operating room to minimize complications. You should speak with your original surgeon to see if he can help you with this problem.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Deflated saline Implants and implant removal

+1

I would not suggest deflating your breast implants as you have implied.  Even if the implant is deflated it may curl up or kink and may cause a deformity or other problem.  I would wait until you can afford to have the implants removed surgically.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon