Should I Feel my Breast Implant Move at This Stage& Why Does my Breast Look This Way?

I am 22 days out of BA surg texture silicone cohesive submuscular.Before sugery I was completely flat chest no cup at all I was hoping to be a small C Highest B cup but it doesnt seem that I am. My left breast is very soft and feel fine but my right breast is very high and slightly firmer. I am not in pain at all but I am right handed and not understanding why that breast isnt doing the same as left breast I am worried because the swelling is gone but right breast is so diff from left breast.

Give it time

+3

It seems that there is always a "good twin and a bad twin" after breast surgery.  If you are accustomed to sleeping on your right side, that may account for more swelling on that side.  Ultimately, just give it more time.  It can take 6 to 12 weeks to see your final result and there are even changes for up to a year.  Bring it to the attention of your surgeons to ensure that you don't have a blood collection around the implant or infection.  Otherwise, be patient.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

+2

At 22 days postop you still have quite a bit of swelling and so it is very difficult to determine how your asymmetry will play out once your breasts attain their final shape. Also, you may have had asymmetry before your surgery, therefore you will still have some asymmetry after augmentation. Be patient, and talk with your surgeon. There is not much to do or say until you have obtained your final shape. If there are still problems, your surgeon can help you develop a plan for treatment.

Derek Lou, MD

Photos

+2

It's difficult to assess without seeing before photos in order to determine pre-existing asymmetries

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Why Does my Breast Look This Way?

+2

I am ASSUMING that the pictures are mirror images and that the breast on OUR right is the right breast.

Asymmetry is the rule not the exception in nature. Very few breasts are the same size, shape or even location and adding the save volume implant will make the asymmetry more obvious. Without having your BEFORE pictures to look at, we cannot guess how much pre-surgical asymmetry existed and how it was affected by the augmentation.

In the absence of an examination, I would have to guess, but it appears there is more swelling on that side was well which MAY be potentially consistent with post-surgical bleeding and swelling. The quality of your photos precludes looking for any bruising though.

I would stay in close contact with your Plastic surgeon and have him advise you on your best course.

Peter A Aldea, MD

22 days is still early

+1

22 days is still early.  Without preoperative photos it is difficult to know your starting point regarding symmetry. For now I would just let time work for you to let things settle.  

Chen Lee, MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Before pictures would be helpful

+1
You have asymmetric breast and will not improve with time. Your before picture can help to see if surgery caused it or just exagurate it. You may have detachment of the pectoralis muscle on the left and if that is the case , need you revision sooner than later.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon