Why I Feel Bloating After 2 Weeks Tummy Tuck Procedure?

Bloating 2 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck

+2

It is quite normal to have this "bloated" feeling a few weeks after surgery. Be religious about wearing your garment and keep up with your follow up appointments. It's not uncommon to be bloated for some time but should settle down after a month or sooner.

Bloating after abdominoplasty is a common complaint.

+2

Simple tightening of the abdominal wall may create the feeling of bloating. Narcotics are the main culprits however by decreasing G.I. motility.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Bloating may be due to a variety of causes

+2

HI Jackierrozzo.  Patients complain of bloating after tummy tucks for a variety of reasons.  These include: the tightening of the abdominal wall due to the surgery, tightness of the binder used postoperatively, fluid retention, constipation from narcotic medications, or other causes.  If this continues to be a problem, I suggest you see your plastic surgeon.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Not a lot of info to go on in your question.

The most common and likely cause is the narcotic pain meds you may still be taking,which interfere with intestinal motility.

There are numerous other possibilities, but more history would be needed . Better would be a call to your surgeon.

Bloating post tummy

+1

I would make sure that my bowel habits have been normal and you may need a laxative.There also is swelling in the flaps that may add to a sense of bloating.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon