How Should I Look/feel 1, 3 Months After Stomach/flanks Liposuction?

Im going to be getting laser-assisted tumescent lipo (think its called "cool or smart lipo) on my abdomen and flanks. I'm 5'11, 188 lbs. somewhere around 1.5-2 liters is what they think will be removed. My question is, 1 month after the procedure, how should I look/feel? Ready to show off at the beach? Able to get back into long distance running? And the same question for at 3 months. Thank you!

Liposuction and one month after surgrery

+1

At one month after liposuction a lot of swelling should have gone down, but it will not be healed compeltely. You will probably have swelling that will get worse with activity.

+1

1.5 to 2 liters is not a very large volume and that may only be 700 cc of fat or so.  The recovery should be quicker than if you had 5 liters of liposuction and 2.5 to 3 liters of fat removed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

The amount of swelling that occurs,and the pace at which it resolves is very variable. 

I usually advise patients to not be surprised if at a one week post-op visit they are larger than preop, and to expect to be able to fit in their preop jeans by a month, and to see some if not all of the result by 3 to 6 months. By one month your surgeon will probably permit you to be back running, assuming all goes well.