Can I Get Some Feedback on my Nose and What Can Be Done to Change It? (photo)

I know this is some sort of bulbous nose but thats it really, the only thing i hate about my nose is this fat/ball/round like part of it. My bridge is completely straight so its only this big round bit i just want more skinny and like just normalized if this makes sense. i can feel the end of the bone on my nose and then its just like a bit of thick skinned cartilage on the tip.. Please help!  Im 20 & ive lost self esteem from it.

Changing a bulbous nose tip

+1

A tip plasty can sometimes be performed on an isolated bulbous tip as long as the remainder of the nose is acceptable and in balance.  The tip plasty involves removal of tip cartilage as well as possibly suturing the 2 cartilages together to give more of a refined and narrowed look to the tip.  The limiting factor on the degree of improvement will be the thickness of the nasal tip skin.  Thick sebaceous skin in the nasal tip will blunt the effects of surgical techniques performed on the tip.  Cortisone shots in the first few months after the procedure may help to reduce swelling and prevent a buildup of scar tissue.  However, cortisone shots are only effective in the first few months after the surgery.

Changing the nose with rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose, but not to worry! There are options available to help define your nasal tip. However, it is important to keep in mind that patients with thick skin may not always achieve the level of definition they desire. It is possible to make great improvements, and I think you would be really happy with the final result which is typically evident 18-24 months after surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Due to the fact that you have thick skin and tip work will be performed, you will see your final result closer to the two year period. Patience is key when healing from a rhinoplasty.

To add projection to the nasal tip,  I may advance the patient's natural cartilage onto a columallar strut. In addition to giving more projection, this will make the nose appear more narrow.  I may also use a shield graft, which will give the tip more projection and definition. In my office, we use computer imaging software. This is a great option to give the patient an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear, and a fantastic communication tool between the patient and surgeon. It allows the patient to give feedback and express any concerns they may have, and ensures that both the patient and surgeon are on the same page prior to surgery. Hang in there and think positive, because there are ways to help improve your nose! Thank you, and I would be happy to answer any additional questions you have regarding surgery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Can I Get Some Feedback on my Nose and What Can Be Done to Change It?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, he nasl tip is q bit wide and bulbous.  A Tip-plasty instead of a full Rhinoplasty would create a more refined nasal tip.  Hope this helps.  

Bulbous tip

+1

A bulbous tip can be improved by tip refinement surgery, but remeber if the soft tissues are very thick, the definition may be limited a bit.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible to make any analysis on the basis of your posted photo which is basically a frontal view of the tip in isolation. Rhinoplasty is based on nasal proportions with the face and different parts of the nose and those cannot be seen in your photo. I can say that whatever the problem is it should not be causing a loss of self esteem. If the effect on your psyche is out of proportion to what is actually there (not what you think is there) surgery is the last thing you need.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1

The bulbous tip can be reduced by reducing the angle of divergence of the domes of the nose using suture techniques combined with tip grafts and the resection of the cephalic border of the nose. These techniques can all be used to reach the specific desires of the patient.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Consider non-surgical rhinoplasty for improving tip definition

+1

Your nose would look better with a little more, "umph".  Because the skin is thick, we don't really see good tip definition.  Non-surgical rhinoplasty places fillers under the skin to add definition to desired areas.  Some filler to the tip could add definition.  I would also consider adding filler to the nasal bridge, this can help de-emphasize the supra tip area.

If you are uncertain, you can try having your physician place saline in the nose as a trial first.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

You have a classic bulbous tip. Your tip can be reshaped to a more defined tip and more structured looking. See links below for examples of bulbous tips.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Treatment of Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

I'm sorry but I'll have to give you a generic, limited response to your question because of the limited small picture you provided. The bulbous tip can be reduced by carefully removing thick subcutaneous tissue and adding support to provide a more defined tip. Better pictures including your entire nose would be helpful. While you want to change only the tip, those changes are made so the tip is proportional to the rest of your nose.