Feedback for Traditional Lipo for Upper Arms?

Im returning to my surgeon who did my lipo to my abs, flanks, and back 4 years ago to have my upper arms done. Im 39 5'6 128 pounds and healthy( just not able to work out like i use to) my question is he only does traditional lipo ive been researching alot prior to my scheduled consultation, and i need some pros and cons regarding results, i have heard of people getting vaserlipo and disappointed with the lack of results, and that person was in great shape.

Traditional Liposuction of the Upper Arm - It Works

+1

I wrote an article several years ago  ("Liposuction of the Upper Arm, a Four Canula Technique").  I have a great deal of experience with this particular body part and I think you should get an excellent result since this area responds very well to traditional liposuction.  

You had a positive experience with your plastic surgeon doing liposuction in the past, so I am sure that he or she would be the right one to evaluate your skin elasticity and your chances of an excellent result.  

My only suggestion in this area is that post-operatively, with your surgeon's permission, you get ultrasound to smooth out the results and decrease swelling, and also hasten your recovery.   

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Under arm liposuction

+1

Liposuction works. The challenge is to choose the correct patient and anatomical situation to use it in. Liposuction is not complex. But not all patients and situations are ideal. If you are a reasonable nail, then a hammer will work fine. If you are a screw, the hammer may cause more problems than it solves.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Liposuction for arms

+1

I have not been overly impressed with most of the technology "out there" for liposcution. I think great results can occur with most methods.  I always say that it is the magician not the wand that creates all the magic.

Traditional liposuction for arms

+1

you seem like youre in a good shape, have had experience with liposuction in the past and seems like youre happy with the results,,,,, its definitely worth a consideration. I would highly recommend having a consultation with your surgeon and see which form of lipo is best for you. I like tumescent liposuction and Im very comfirtable with that. the choice of the procedure depends on your surgeon and your evaluation in the office

Misbah Khan, MD

Upper arm lipo

+1

Traditional lipo should work well in someone with good skin tone (esasticity) and little excess skin. Your surgeon should be able to give you an estimate on how well your skin will respond.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Traditional lipo for arms

+1

Traditional liposuction (using pre-injection fluid and hollow cannulas without laser or ultrasound) is a tried and true procedure. Newer techniques are touted to be less destructive to the tissue and possible help with some mild skin retraction. These newer modalities are typically more expensive and take time to learn the subtle differences from traditional lipo. 

You sound like you are in good shape and probably do not need much skin tightening which makes you a good candidate for this procedure. Since you are happy with your previous results I would trust what your surgeon has advised.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon